Tuesday, June 24, 2008

EURO 2008: All my predictions were wrong!!

Oh, so the EURO 2008 now has moved to the semifinals. I was freaking pissed of because all my previous predictions are all wrong. Okay, that was few days ago. Now i have to accept the facts that not all things will be going well with what we hope too. The bad thing is I was totally wrong on who are going to the semifinals. But the good thing is I didn't bet and no cash flow out! Like Clare said, all the group winners (with the exception of Spain winning the Group D) were all shown the boots.

It was all started the night when Portugal versus Germany for the first spot to semifinals. Germany won narrowly against the Portugal, 3-2. Okay, strike one....

Next, the Croatia also looked strong on group stage before dumping Germany to a defeat set a fight with Turkey, a darkhorse. Yet the stunning Turks won the penalty shootout when 3 Croats players acciddently "missed" their penalty! Okay, strike two....

The Dutch has been awesome by beating the finalists of World Cup 2006 by three goals margin. The Russian were in the other hand been gunned down by amigos before making resurrection by beating Sweden and Greece. Russia through, Netherlands stumble on ground at dying minutes of extra time. Okay, strike three....

But Spain saved my prediction stumbles, at least they are through. Viva la vida amigos!! They beat world champions on penalty. The hero of the day Iker Casillas, the zero for Roberto Donadoni!! He's screwed up now!! Hurray!! The amigo saved the day. Or else all my prediction will be wrong. Okay, my predictions are in fact screwed up. Lessons learnt: DON'T PUT SO MUCH HOPE ON THINGS EVEN SEEMS POSSIBLE OR MOST LIKELY WILL HAPPEN. THINGS AREN'T BE UNLESS IT HAPPENED.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

things are hard to predict...my predictions are also wrong except for the spain one

Bernard Chung said...

To darkestangel:
Wow, high five then. If u c the post below abt my EURO prediction, I had done so much homework, analyzing this and that, in the end...wrong. Ouch!!

meiphing said...

i love spain !

they're a young and energetic team. even though, they did not have as much experience as italy, they benefited from team work and also some players from top clubs in europe ;)

acura said...

All the group winners got knock out except Spain but just barely surviving haha It's a good thing too. I don't want to see Italy & their negative football progressing

More luck predicting the semi finals ok ^~^

Bernard Chung said...

To Phingy and Acura:
I agree with u abt those Spanish players are great, ENERGETIC and they barely scrapped thru the Italian. Kinda dramatic like the ManU - Chelsea final I watched last month. Same thriller. I bet Germany and Spain go thru. Turkey r not going to have a strong squad, but Russia the darkhorse awaken becasue of A. Arshavin and Paylvyvenko (I dunno how to pronounce his name).

Post a Comment